Hello DIY unicornlings and welcome to our first week of DIYs! Every week DomiDIY, SusieDIY & I will post awesome craft instructions for you to enjoy at your leisure. We will post every Saturday with a craft activity and you guys will vote on the weekly poll for your favourite one!!!
Today DomiDIY and I will be bringing you our first DIY collaboration and the first DIY of my emoji mini series.
So today we will be making awesome DIY 'LOL' or 'Tears of Joy' emoji pillows! Pretty much my inspiration behind this craft is my addiction to this emoji: 😂 (which by far is my favourite) and the fact that I really need new decorative pillows for my bedroom!!!
This emoji pillow is pretty cute and very easy to create so make sure you check out the full step-by-step instructions below.
Remember to vote for DomiDIY & SophieDIY in the weekly poll!
And before we start, the whole unicornsDIY squad would like to know...
1. Fold your yellow felt fabric in half and trace a circle with a large plate.
2. Cut the circle out roughly around your drawn line. We would suggest giving yourself about a 1cm seam allowance around the drawn circle. Don't cut on the line because this is your sewing guide! You will now have a front and back piece.
3. Pin your back and front piece together to hold it together while sewing.
4. Start sewing along the line. You could also use fabric glue but this won't be as strong. Stop sewing/gluing to leave a small opening big enough to fit your hand inside.
5. Turn your sewn/glued yellow circles inside out and start putting in pillow stuffing. Put as much in as you want. The best looking pillows are filled with as much as possible. Sew up the hole.
6. With the A4 sheets of felt cut out the facial expressions of your chosen emoji. We are making a "LOL" or "Tears of Joy" emojis so will be cutting out out 2 tear drops with light blue, 2 curved eyes, 2 eyebrows and a semicircle mouth all with black and lastly a strip of white for the teeth.
7. Finally, fabric glue the expressions on. Wait for glue to dry and voila you have an awesome, unique emoji pillow!!!
8. With the remaining yellow felt make more emoji pillows; make it magical by giving some to your friends!
This emoji pillow turned out so well as shown above look so cool on your bed. Just wait till all your friends ask where you bought it.
If you did this craft comment a picture of it below. We would love to know what emoji you chose.
Don't forget to....
...and vote for us in the weekly poll!!!
Hello unicornlings and welcome to the SophieDIY page!