Hi DIY unicornlings! It's SophieDIY here with my 1st DIY baking hack!!! Do you always feel jealous of those amazingly piped cupcakes that you can't re-create because when you come to bake all you have is a knife to spread on the icing. Don't die in your misery any more because you can make a really handy piping bag out of a zip-lock bag from your kitchen cupboard.
All you need is:
1. Find a suitable sized zip-lock bag and open it up.
2. Find the corner of the plastic bag and put it into the cup. Fold the edges of the plastic bag over. the cup as shown in image below. If you have a piping tip place it in the corner of the bag now. (this is optional)
3. Scoop your icing into the plastic bag till it reaches the top of your cup.
4. Take the bag out of the cup, twist the top and put a rubber band on so the icing can't come out. Cut off the tip of the bag
5. Pipe your icing onto your cupcakes, cookies, desserts etc. Your desserts will now look like they are made by professional chef! Make it magical by putting multiple colours of icing into your icing bag!
I hope this comes in handy for all you unicornlings and that you won't go out buying expensive one use piping bags from cake shops! This is one of my favourite baking hacks and definitely my most used! If you want more DIYs like this or have any suggestions please comment below. Also comment any photos of your magical DIYs!!!
Don't forget to...
...and vote for SophieDIY in the weekly poll!!!
Hello unicornlings and welcome to the SophieDIY page!