But the great news is... *drumroll*
DomiDIY & I won the UNICORN CROWN LAST WEEK!!!
11 votes to 3 votes!!!
Thankyou SophieDIY unicornlings for your votes!
So this week I was looking at DIY inspiration on Pinterest and saw this awesome aqua icing donut pillow so I decided to re-create it with pink icing and sprinkles - yum!
When I was making this pillow I had access to a sewing machine at my grandmas house. I'm sorry to those unicornlings that come back for our DIYs because they use equipment found at home but you have to break the rules once or twice. I promise next weeks DIY will be 100% doable at home and you can definitely try and sew this pillow by hand. If you make any of my DIYs at home I would love it if you commented a picture below. This donut is sooo cute and a great addition to your bedroom so please check out the complete step-by-step instructions below!
p.s. remember to vote for me in the weekly poll!!!
- every vote counts for the unicorn crown 👑
1. Fold tan/beige felt in half and using a pen/marker trace around a large circular object. Cut out the 2 layers of fabric at the same time
2. In the middle of the circles trace around a small circular object to make the hole in the donut. Cut out this circle, again both layers at the same time
5. Sew sprinkles on randomly using straight stitch. If you want you could fabric glue them on.
6. Pin icing shape onto one tan coloured donut piece.
7. Zig-zag stitch around the edges of the icing or glue the icing on.
8. Pin the two tan donut shapes together and zig-zag stitch around the donut. Remember to leave an opening so you can put filling in it.
9. Fill the pillow with as much stuffing as possible.
10. Hand sew the opening closed. If you are an expert sewer you can attempt to close the hole with a machine.
11. Your cute donut pillow is done!
Make it magical by making different coloured ones!
This DIY donut cushion is so cool and a great addition to any room in your home. Your friends will al be asking where you bought it from! Remember to comment any DIY suggestions and post any photos of DIYs you have done from this website. Tell your friends about unicornsDIY!
Lets try and beat 11 votes for me this week!
Don't forget to...
...and also vote for SophieDIY in the poll!!!
Hello unicornlings and welcome to the SophieDIY page!