These emoji stress balls are so fun and only use 3 simple ingredients - 2 yellow balloons, cornflour goo & some permanent markers.
Last week DomiDIY posted instructions for DIY cornflour goo and I thought - how can I use this goo further than its usual 1 use policy? I remembered all those DIY stress ball tutorials which are so popular at the moment and ended up deciding to combine both goo and stress balls with an emoji twist!
Click the link below for DomiDIY cornflour goo steps so you can jump right into making these stress balls. Lets get started!!!
BTW this is the 2nd addition to my DIY emoji mini series.
Link is below to the DIY emoji pillows👇 (which would also be a great mothers day gift)
...and maybe you have noticed that I didn't win the unicorn crown last week 😭 (SusieDIY did) so please remember to vote for me (SophieDIY) in this weeks poll (and also weekly polls to come)
1. Follow DomiDIYs instructions for DIY cornflour goo - make 1/2 batch and dye it the colour you want to see through when the stress ball is squeezed. I decided with pink so the yellow balloon will turn an orangey-gold colour when squeezed.
2. Place a yellow balloon on the bottom of a cooking funnel and scoop goo in the top with a spoon or cup. Let the goo go into the balloon and squeeze in any that gets stuck. Fill the balloon until the goo starts to build up in the neck. (I used the technique of continuously stretching and pulling the neck of the balloon.)
3. Tie a double knot so the goo doesn't come out
4. With your second balloon cut the neck off and stretch the remaining part over the stress ball. This will cover the knot and act as an extra protective layer.
5. With your permanent markers draw the emoji face of your choice. Maybe choose your mum's favourite emoji! I drew the kissing face emoji. 😘
6. Enjoy your stress ball for up to 3 days. Eventually the cornflour goo will start to smell so its best to throw it out in this time frame. An alternative to the goo filling is uncooked rice or flour and this will last much longer but will have a different texture.
The emoji stress ball was really fun to play with and is a great accessory for your desk at home or work. Try dying the goo different colours like blue, green or purple and comment below what colour it changes to when you squeezed the balloon.
Don't forget to...
... and vote for SophieDIY in the weekly poll!!!
Hello unicornlings and welcome to the SophieDIY page!