1. To start place your green hama beads half way around the outermost edge of your circular pegboard to create the skin of your watermelon.
2. Do the same thing again but in white on the next row in.
3. Scatter some black hama beads within the semicircle area to create the seeds of the watermelon. Then fill in the remaining area with red beads.
4. Remove one white bead (the 1st from the edge) to create a hole for the key chain
5. Move your watermelon creation onto an ironing board and place a piece of baking paper over it. Lightly iron the beads so they melt together. Be careful not to melt the pegboard! Take the watermelon off the board and iron the other side. Let it cool under a heavy object so it doesn't curl at the corners.
6. Tie a piece of string through the hole and attach the watermelon key chain to your bag.
Personalised homemade keychains are such a cool way to identify your belongings. You could also try making different fruits for this keychain design like pineapples, kiwi fruit, cherries etc. If you want more DIY keychains or hama bead DIYs please comment your suggestions below. Remember to vote for SophieDIY in the weekly poll if you thought this was the best DIY of the week!
Don't forget to...
...and vote for SophieDIY in the weekly poll!!!
Hello unicornlings and welcome to the SophieDIY page!